off_t problems on ia64 again

Hi,

Bug #239401 seems to show that we have problems with an inconsistency
in how off_t is defined on ia64 buildd's again.

The last time this occurred there was some discussion on this list
about it, but we never arrived at any conclusive cause (except the
original submitter could fix the problem by recompiling everything
on the same machine).

Does anyone here know anything more about this now, or about what
we can do to fix it?

Please cc me in any replies, I'm not on this list.

thanks,
Ron