From: Per Lindstrom <klamman.gard@telia.com>
To: "Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk>
Cc: beowulf@beowulf.org
Subject: Re: [Beowulf] Linux 2.4 vs 2.6 AND ia64 vs amd64

I have experienced some problems to compile SMP support for the
2.6.1-kernel on my Intel Xeon based workstation:
M.B: Intel SE7505VB2 ATX PCI, FSB 533MHz
Chipset: Intel 7505
CPU: 2 pcs Intel 2,8GHz Xeon, 512kB L2 cache 533FSB
RAM: 2GB DDR SDRAM PC2100 Reg ECC exp. till 8GB
Graph: GeForce FX 5200 128MB

The SMP support works fine all the way up to kernel 2.4.22 but when
there is stop for the XEON.

The SMP support works fine for the Intel Tualatin workstation all the
way up to kernel 2.4.24 and gives problem on 2.6.1 I have not tested to
build a 2.6.0.

Please advice if some one have solved this problem.

Best regards
Per Lindstrom
.
.