Re: FlightGear on ia64

  Matthew> It's not a flightgear bug; it's X being non-3d-accelerated.
  Matthew> I tried making it 3d-accelerated on my zx2000 with a Radeon 7000
  Matthew> and it broke X.  I sent a bug report to dri-devel, but they
  Matthew> weren't terribly helpful.
  Matthew> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3041192&forum_id=7177

Ian Romanick's answer is bogus.  Of course DRI drivers have been
tested on ia64.  Radeon, tdfx, mga all used to work fine (Nvidia
works, of course, too).  Radeon seems to have broken a while back (not
sure when).  I'm pretty sure I saw the same lock-related error message
even on an x86 box with a new (2.6.xx) kernel.

	--david