Re: new kernels vs i2000 firmware

Bdale Garbee wrote:

> I've uploaded new 2.4.20 kernel images for ia64, version 021210.em18.1.
> With sufficiently recent firmware, these kernels should reduce idle power
> consumption, among other changes.

   FWIW, to see the full benefit of reduced power consumption on HP
McKinley boxes, you should move to at least the following firmware
revs:

rx2600, zx6000, zx2000: 1.82
rx5670: 2.21

These are the currently the latest releases for these boxes (available
at http://support.hp.com).  Older revs should work, but you won't see
as significant of an improvement.  Thanks,

	Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Linux & Open Source Lab