adding libunwind to Debian/testing

Could someone help me with getting the latest version of libunwind
(v0.96) packaged up and included as part of Debian/testing for ia64?
Once libunwind is part of the normal Debian tree, it should be
possible to simply rebuild the GCC package and get a libunwind-enabled
GCC, which should yield much more reliable (and faster) unwinding.
Considering the glibc now uses unwinding not just for C++ exception
handling, but also for stuff like pthread_cancel(), reliability of the
unwinder is really starting to matter.

Matthieu Delahaye already created Debian packages for a slightly
earlier version of libunwind (see
http://www.esiee.fr/~delahaym/libunwind/), so hopefully creating the
updated packages is straight-forward.

Since I don't really know anything about Debian packaging, all help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

	--david