Re: where to get i386 libs?

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 12:04:30PM +0100, Torsten Werner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need libGL.so.1 for maple. Is there already a package somewhere? Or
> what is the right way to build such a package for myself?

I'm not sure what the approved way is.  What I'd do is download the
i386 debian package of xlibmesa-gl, extract it (Debian packages are an
ar archive containing two tar.gz files) and place it in your ia32-emul
root.  something like this:

mkdir /tmp/libgl
cd /tmp/libgl
wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xfree86/xlibmesa-gl_4.3.0-0pre1v4_i386.deb
ar x xlibmesa-gl_4.3.0-0pre1v4_i386.deb
tar -zxf data.tar.gz
mv usr/lib/libGL* /ia32-emul/usr/lib/
mv usr/X11R6/lib/libGL* /ia32-emul/usr/X11R6/lib/

untested, ymmv, someone will probably tell you a better way to do it, etc ;-)