Re: ati driver

there is nothing special about the XF86Config file. Is the standard
XF86Config you get when you install xserver-xfree86. there's nothing in
there that tells the driver what to use. sorry, the machine is offline
right now and i can't get you a sample.

If you have a monitor connected to the vga output of the card, it's
enough. the card will select it by itself.

regards,
ionut