Openoffice.org

I'm going to give a talk/show-and-tell about Itanium to my
local linux users group and thought that I could use the presentation
capabilities in openoffice.org. I looked through this list's archives
and learned about /emul/ia32-linux. between that and the lack of
any port info on the openoffice.org web site I guess that
it only is available in compatibility mode. This is actually ok
as I can then talk about compatibility mode which is a big
issue for some people.

However the question is: How to install?
I have the distribution binary for ia32-linux with its install script.
I'm guessing I could do:
        chroot /emul/ia32-linux ./install

then maybe have to make (a few) symlinks

Does this make sense?

Richard Harke