mission critical Debian

Rob>   I recently had the interesting experience of bringing up a rack
Rob> of 20 dual processor Itanium II machines (HP zx6000s), all now
Rob> running Debian, over a 48 hour period. The interesting part was

Did you think about using any of the system duplicator packages?
Systemimager or replicator or autoinstall or whatever?

Rob>   A few other thoughts. I'd really love to see a port of Valgrind
Rob> to the Itanium. It's my favorite memory checker.

Talk to Jeremy@goop.org  He's at least half interested in having it
work for IA64.

Rob> I'd also like to
Rob> really see the NPTL work supported.

It is!  Debs are available at
http://www,gelato.unsw.edu.au/~ianw/libc-nptl/

But you need to be running the latest 2.5 kernel to have it work.

Are you aware of the Gelato project?  It's to support and promote
linux on IA64; it has lots of people using clusters, some in mission
critical situations like yours.  See http://www.gelato.org for
details.

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
You are lost in a maze of BitKeeper repositories,   all slightly different.