Re: caballero disk space

Greetings!  I've been looking into the maxima build failure and have
come to the conclusion that there is a misplaced fakeroot being
inserted somewhere.  As you may recall with acl2 (and any other
package built with gcl on this platform), segfaults are trapped to
make read-only pages writeable and mark them for garbage collection.
There is, or was at least, an ia64 specific fakeroot bug which
prevented this trap from succeeding.  The short end of the story is
that if *either* GCL or maxima have their 'build' target run under
fakeroot, all will fail.  I'm assuming that the maxima build is the
one with the misplaced fakeroot, as the current gcl build in unstable
was used to successfully build maxima -4 three days prior to the first
failure to build -5.  Has anything changed in the build daemon
(between say 3/3, and 3/7?)  I've just confirmed on merulo that with
the latest gcc, gcl and maxima build fine without fakeroot, and fail
with it (when running the 'build', not the 'install' target).  I'm
having trouble checking out the actual gcl build in unstable as
neither merulo nor caballero appear to have chroots.

Advice appreciated,

Take care,