Re: Pseudo-newbie installation query

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 09:43:19AM -0700, Bdale Garbee wrote:

> The CD booklet that is included with the HP Enablement Kit for Linux CD that
> ships with newer HP Itanium 2 systems that are ordered for Linux use talks
> about setting up serial consoles.

Thanks for that.  This is an evaluation box, so it didn't come with
manuals, other than an HP-UX installation manual, which said very little
about EFI.

I've now successfully installed woody, and immediately upgraded it to
testing, and it's been a breeze.  Much simpler than the Red Hat install
I tried earlier, but maybe that's just because I'm more familiar with
Debian.

Tim

--
Dr Tim Cutts