/proc/efi/vars; reading contents

Hi,

I'm working on the debian-installer, and noticed that on ia64, you can
read EFI vars via /proc/efi/vars, specifically Lang* and LangCodes*.
Is there any documentation on these, and other EFI vars?

Failing docs, can someone with an ia64 please tell me example contents
of those vars?

I'm working on a module that autodetects some defaults for
debian-installer, such as the default lang. The same can be done from
the SRM console on alpha platforms.

Also, is there a way I can test such code? It would require root privs
on an ia64.

It would help if you cc:'d me directly, as I'm not on debian-ia64 (I
don't have such a machine); I'll be following the web interface for a
while for followups.

Regards,
Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@computer.org>
GPG Key fingerprint = 9E64 E714 8E08 81F9 F3DC  1020 FA8E 3790 9051 38F4

He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach to himself.

- --Thomas Paine