Re: CPU affinity on SMP systems and SableVM

gadek@debian.org (Grzegorz B. Prokopski) writes:

> The problem is that all IA64 machines available to Debian developers
> are SMP systems. So for me to finish porting there are apparently
> two options:
>
> 1. Get access to non-SMP IA64 system to make the port.
> 2. Use CPU-affinity on SMP system to workaround the problem.

I scrounged an i2000 and it's on the net now for Grzegorz to play with running
Debian with a uniprocessor kernel.

I don't know much about the affinity patch, any comments about the value of
trying to include that in Debian's ia64 kernel builds would be appreciated!

> I am *seriously* interested in getting SableVM fully work on IA64.

  ;-)

Cool.

Bdale