Re: Xemacs21 doesn't work.

>>>>> "Bdale" == Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com> writes:

      Peter= peter@chubb.wattle.id.au (Peter Chubb) writes:
Peter> The prepackaged debian version of xemacs21 for IA64 crashes on
Peter> startup.  This is version 21.4.8-1.

Peter> The error is a segmentation fault.

Bdale> Looking at the latest xemacs21 build log for ia64 on
Bdale> buildd.debian.org, I see an awful lot of warnings for things
Bdale> like

Bdale>         cast to pointer from integer of different size

Yes I saw those, but they're all in the unix-process handling code,
which isn't even reached.
Sure.  But the interesting part is that after doing
       debuild -b
(after removing the targets for anything other than xemacs21-bin and
xemacs21-nomule) there are two files in src:  xemacs and
xemacs-21.4.8-nomule.

If I build on Itanium2, the latter runs correctly; the former does
not, and neither work on Itanium1.

If I build `natively' (by typing ./configure; make; make install;)
rather than using debuild)  I get something that works on Itanium1 and
Itanium2.

So what's going on?

--
Dr Peter Chubb				    peterc@gelato.unsw.edu.au
You are lost in a maze of BitKeeper repositories, all almost the same.