Re: Booting on a zx2000

Fred,

   I just tried the 5/16 rescue.bin on a zx6000 and it works fine.
Could you send a boot log?  If you have the serial ports enabled
for firmware console out (boot maintainance menu), you can hook
up a serial line to the top port (away from the motherboard) and
boot w/ "elilo linux console=ttyS0".  It could simply be that the
CD is corrupt.  Thanks,

	Alex

"Fred P. Arnold" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've checked the archives, and had no success, so:
>
> Has anyone managed to install the 05/06/2002 image of Debian for IA-64 on
> a ZX-2000 system?  Unlike the previous I2000, this one is legacy free (no
> ps2/mouse/floppy).  I get the install partially up, and then it kernel
> panics while trying to load the ramdisk.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks
>
>                                                 -Fred
>
>                                         Frederick P. Arnold, Jr.
>                                         NUIT, Northwestern U.
>                                         f-arnold@northwestern.edu
>
> --

Alex Williamson                                  Linux Development Lab
alex_williamson@hp.com                                 Hewlett Packard
970-898-9173                                          Fort Collins, CO