Re: problems with mckinley kernels on proliant dl590/64 systems

Hi,

Yes, as I said in my reply to linux-ia64, this is a known firmware
issue with DL590s which will be fixed at some stage. In the meantime,
anyone installing/using debian-ia64 on a DL590 requires a kernel
compiled for itanium with the compaq smart array support compiled in,
perhaps it would be useful to offer a second kernel on the debian-ia64
install iso which could be selected from elilo prompt assuming someone
is generating such images periodically.

Thanks for peoples responses, apart from that things seem to run quite
smoothly on the DL590.

-stephen