Re: tried ia64-net-20020506.iso, (rx4610) failed with map_single IO TLB kernel panic...

  Jiri> To be more specific:

  Jiri> "Kernel panic: map_single: could not allocate software IO TLB
  Jiri> (1552 bytes)"

  Jiri> So strictly speaking I probably do not need swiotlb=32768, but
  Jiri> something like swiotlb=2048 should be sufficient. On the other
  Jiri> hand the default is too small.

Yes, but I'm wondering why 1024 isn't enough.  IIRC, the eepro100
driver uses a tx/rx buffer that has at most 64 packets, so a software
I/O TLB of 2MB should be plenty big.  Also, I have never seen this
problem myself, so I'm wondering whether this problem pops up only
under certain circumstances.

	--david