Re: Installing cd-20010810.iso on HP i2000--Can't see hard drive

I apologize for not posting this added information right after I found out.
I *had* Red Hat working on the system, but then (I think this was after
several successful boot-ups) it no longer worked: when I selected the 'Red
Hat' item from among those on the boot menu, it told me it couldn't find
it or something. I think that this happened before I actually ran the Debian
installation CD--so I don't think it was Debian's fault, as it were.

Anyway, I've been trying to re-install Red Hat, thinking that perhaps
I could figure out where *it* was seeing the hard drive--but now Red Hat
won't install either! It give me a similar error in a little okay box
or something, and then reboots my machine!

So anyway, I don't think it's a problem with the Debian install. Looks like
more fun for me. This box appears to be having some odd hardware issues,
anyway--we've got two here, and the other one seems normal, but this one
doesn't bring up the BIOS prompt at the start--after quite a long wait,
it just boots right into the Itanium logo screen.

Maybe I'll try and contact HP's support folks.

Anyway, thanks very much for your prompt response!

  --Daniel (danielt@ee.byu.edu)