install problem (aix volume labels)

I'm attempting to install Debian on a Lion using the 0810 cd image but
have run into a problem due to the previous aix installation.  My disks
still have valid aix volume labels which causes fdisk to exit which in
turn causes elilo to fail.  Can anyone tell me how to clear this volume
label (from linux)?  cfdisk runs fine and I was able to repartition with
it.

--
Rick (rick@kuroyi.net)
http://dxr3.sourceforge.net

I think the slogan of the fansubbers puts
it best: "Cheaper than crack, and lots more fun."