Re: po pages

Hi,

Am 2. Januar 2024 17:39:10 MEZ schrieb Thomas Lange <lange@cs.uni-koeln.de>:
>Hi all,
>
>on the po pages like https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/af
>we have a long listing of the languages at the top with their
>abbreviation (like aa de fr) but we also have a link to the language
>list at the top, which is the same list but with the names of the
>languages. IMO it sufficient to keep the link to the "Language list"
>and we can remove the long liststing of the languages on the po pages.

Yes, exactly the same came to my mind yesterday.

+1

>The same applies to a listing on the bottom of the page called "Packages already i18n-ed"
>This long listing is not needed because we have a link at the top to
>"POT files" which includes the same information in a different format.
>
>Do I miss any useful usage of those long lists?
>If we remove those listings, the po pages will provide the same
>information but in a cleaner appearance.

The "Packages already i18n-ed" list irritates me:
there are many packages in that listing, but the package name is
not a link to the pot file, as it is the case for the others.
And those packages are missing in the "POT files" page.
So I don't know which list is the better one or how they work or
belong together...

>BTW, I think the same applies for po4a and po-debconf.

Correct.

Holger

--
Sent from /e/ OS on Fairphone3