Re: how to get more recent translations for important web pages

Hi,

Am 3. Dezember 2023 18:48:18 MEZ schrieb Helge Kreutzmann <debian@helgefjell.de>:
>At least I (manpages-l10n) strive hard to have as many current
>translations as possible, so users are able to read most of the page
>in their langauge, even if the explantion for the latest option is not
>yet translated (but they might be satisfied with the rest).
>
>Make it easy for the (few) translators and present as much as possible
>translated.
>
>For mostly static text this is much easier than for highly dynamic,
>that is of course true.

You know, that you cannot compare manpages with the website:
the manpages are po based, and therefore you can have parts untranslated,
but the rest visible in German.
And you can not have outdated content: changed parts are marked as fuzzy and
therefore fall back to English.
The website is build of wml files, one file per page (in the very most cases),
so the page is either up-to-date, or you get the warning banner.

Holger

--
Sent from /e/ OS on Fairphone3