Re: Data in https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/xx/xx unreliable

Hi Laura,

Laura Arjona Reina schreef op do 05-04-2018 om 23:47 [+0200]:
> Hi Frans
>
> El 05/04/18 a las 21:27, Frans Spiesschaert escribió:
> > Hi,
> >
> > For several years I was a happy user of the information provided in
> > htt
> > ps://www.debian.org/international/l10n/nl/xx to know which packages
> > are
> > in need of translation updates.
> >
> > However, since a few months this information is no longer reliable.
> > For
> > some packages the displayed information still seems to be up to
> > date,
> > but for other ones the webpages show outdated information. So in
> > order
> > to know what localisation work exactly needs to be done, I have to
> > check each packages sources and bug report logs. This is really
> > tedious
> > and time consuming.
> >
> > Anyone an idea when this issue could be solved?
>
> I believe this is caused by the issue #887107
> [debian-i18n] https://i18n.debian.org/material/data/unstable.gz not
> updated since 2017-11-23
>
> URL of the bug: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=887
> 107
>
> I've just applied the patch that I proposed there, which workarounds
> the
> issue adding more packages to the exclusion list.
> I'll have a look at the logs in the following days and generation of
> the
> pages, to see if this works.

Thank you so much for caring.
At this very moment I can't yet see an improvement on the l10n/nl/xx
pages. I hope you will be able to solve the problem soon.

> I leave the bug open, since this is (even in the case that it works)
> just a workaround, the stats should be generated for all the
> packages....

Wouldn't it be good to send on a regular basis status reports on this
issue to this mailing list to keep people informed that are not
subscribed to bug 887107 ? By doing so maybe more people could get
involved in trying to find a solution.

--
Thanks,
Frans Spiesschaert