Re: Centralizing translations for d-i and for other projects in Debian

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 12:31 AM, Helge Kreutzmann <debian@helgefjell.de> wrote:
> Hello Kartik,
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 11:36:57PM +0530, Kartik Mistry wrote:
>> Thoughts?
>
> a) Will anybody be able to transmit (anonymously), i.e. how is the
>    control of the language team?

This can be achieved by
a. Allow only users with current svn/git access.
b. Connect account with alioth/Debian (not sure, how to do it, but..)

> b) I work on many translations directly in a (git) repository, which is
>    very convenient. Is this workflow still possible or is the
>    translator forced to use some "web frontend"?

No plan to deprecate current process as of now. And, anyway, it will
take time to finish setup (based on feedback). We are aiming for d-i
first.

--
Kartik Mistry/કાર્તિક મિસ્ત્રી | IRC: kart_
{kartikm, 0x1f1f}.wordpress.com