Fwd: debian-reference

Forwarding to debian-i18n as Osamu Aoki requested.
Cheers

-------- Mensaje reenviado --------
Asunto: debian-reference
Fecha: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 11:34:00 +0900
De: Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>
Para: Raúl Priego <raul.priego@ymail.com>
CC: Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@debian.org>, Debian I18n
<debian-i18n@lists.debian.org>

Hi,

(CCed to share with others foe weblate related issue related issue))
f My mail is not reaching to debian-i18n@lists.debian.org, please
forward it.)

Thank you for your effort to translate Debian reference into Spanish.

  debian-reference.en.xml is 46.59% translated (5103 of 10952 strings).

It seems to be getting enough to be published like other languages like
Chinese.  I think this quick progress is due to low entry barrier of
weblate.

| no-obsolete  ja  7642
| untranslated ja  0
| fuzzy        ja  0
| | no-obsolete  fr  7642
| untranslated fr  0
| fuzzy        fr  14
| | no-obsolete  it  7642
| untranslated it  0
| fuzzy        it  0
| | no-obsolete  pt  7642
| untranslated pt  0
| fuzzy        pt  0
| | no-obsolete  de  7642
| untranslated de  0
| fuzzy        de  0
| | no-obsolete  zh-cn  7642
| untranslated zh-cn  903
| fuzzy        zh-cn  14
| | no-obsolete  zh-tw  7642
| untranslated zh-tw  5245
| fuzzy        zh-tw  27
| | no-obsolete  es  7642
| untranslated es  3120
| fuzzy        es  189

I see you are translating via weblate.  But I don't think you are
testing goodness of translated text by building it.  Currently, Spanish
breaks build process.  Interface like weblate helps lowering the entry
barrier but hides many things which helps translation. This is clearly
seen here.  Also, considering some parts of Debian Reference are more
interesting than others you may wish to prioritize translation.
Anyway...

>From build log
| | xsltproc --novalid --nonet --xinclude   --stringparam base.dir
/home/osamu/vcs-maint/debian-reference/debian-reference/tmp/ \
|                 --stringparam html.ext .es.html \
|                 xslt/style-html.xsl debian-reference.es.xml
| debian-reference.es.xml:291: parser error : EntityValue: '%'
forbidden except for entities references

/wiki/Contrase%C3%B1a#Factores_en_la_seguridad_de_un_sistema_de_contrase.C3.B1as

          ^
| debian-reference.es.xml:291: parser error : PEReferences forbidden
in internal subset

/wiki/Contrase%C3%B1a#Factores_en_la_seguridad_de_un_sistema_de_contrase.C3.B1as

          ^
| debian-reference.es.xml:291: parser error : EntityRef: expecting ';'

wiki/Contrase%C3%B1a#Factores_en_la_seguridad_de_un_sistema_de_contrase.C3.B1as"

          ^
| debian-reference.es.xml:291: parser error : EntityRef: expecting ';'

wiki/Contrase%C3%B1a#Factores_en_la_seguridad_de_un_sistema_de_contrase.C3.B1as"

          ^
| debian-reference.es.xml:690: parser error : EntityValue: '%'
forbidden except for entities references

/wiki/Contrase%C3%B1a#Factores_en_la_seguridad_de_un_sistema_de_contrase.C3.B1as

          ^
| debian-reference.es.xml:690: parser error : PEReferences forbidden
in internal subset

/wiki/Contrase%C3%B1a#Factores_en_la_seguridad_de_un_sistema_de_contrase.C3.B1as

          ^
| debian-reference.es.xml:690: parser error : EntityRef: expecting ';'

wiki/Contrase%C3%B1a#Factores_en_la_seguridad_de_un_sistema_de_contrase.C3.B1as"

          ^
| debian-reference.es.xml:690: parser error : EntityRef: expecting ';'

wiki/Contrase%C3%B1a#Factores_en_la_seguridad_de_un_sistema_de_contrase.C3.B1as"

          ^
| debian-reference.es.xml:874: parser error : '<' in entity
'debianreferenceversionc' is not allowed in attributes values
|     <para>La <ulink url="&debianreferenceversionc;">Guía de
referencia Debian (
|                                                   ^
| debian-reference.es.xml:876: parser error : Opening and ending tag
mismatch: ulink line 874 and para
| un sistema Debian y de su uso.</para>
|                                      ^
| debian-reference.es.xml:880: parser error : Entity 'linux' not defined
| url="&linux;">Linux</ulink>.</para>
|             ^
| debian-reference.es.xml:925: parser error : Entity
'httpwwwdebianorg' not defined
| url="&httpwwwdebianorg;">http://www.debian.org</ulink>
|                        ^

As you should see in the source (if you checkout directly by the git
interface to the original archive), the URL string should follow certain
rules.  See some other languages which has URL link to non-ASCII
accented characters.

So offending line is:

<!ENTITY goodpassword
"https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrase%C3%B1a#Factores_en_la_seguridad_de_un_sistema_de_contrase.C3.B1as";>

This comes from PO file entry:

| #. type: Content of the strongpassword entity
| msgid "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Password_strength";
| msgstr ""
| "https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrase";
| "%C3%B1a#Factores_en_la_seguridad_de_un_sistema_de_contrase.C3.B1as"

The offending entry is "%".  I know that's what you cut and pasted
from browser's URL bar by selecting entire strings.  Browser is too
smart to convert non-ASCII into this % with hex format.

If you select partial of the URL and add starting https:// then you
can get strings as seen to your eyes as:

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contraseña#Factores_en_la_seguridad_de_un_sistema_de_contrase.C3.B1as

This is what you need in PO file.  (I know this is hard to understand
but this si limitation of the document build system.)

Then I see many other build problems which are just careless mistakes
and typos:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/ddp/debian-reference.git/diff/po/?context=1&ignorews=0&dt=0

(This web interface seems to have issue at this moment.  It is best see
the history by checking out git and use gitk to visualize)

I fixed these and now and the source builds OK.

I also noticed that you are not wrapping lines exactly as msgcat tool
like. This is minor issue and does not break build.  This is more for
you to avoid large diff surprise when I update English source which
trigger PO files to be re-wrapped.

Osamu

--
Laura Arjona Reina