[release-notes] The two last weeks up to the release
Sorry for being a late with this.
The release notes are not quite done yet. Lets summaries this as:
We still expect changes to these chapters (in order of expected
frequencies of changes)
* chapter 5
* chapter 2
List of chapters that seem to be done or not have any outstanding change
requests (except possible English review):
* chapter 1
* chapter 3 (?)
* chapter 4
* chapter 6
* chapter A
* chapter B
Let me know if you disagree with any of these.
English review done:
There has been some review already, but I don't think any of the
chapters have been declared "done".
We need some time to finish the release notes, l10n-english some time to
review it and the translators even more time to translate it. I imagine
we split the time something like this:
Content + English review:
* Today - 2017-06-09: Updates to chapter 2+5 + English review
* 2017-06-10 - 2017-06-11: Content freeze of chapters, English review
does a final run though
* 2017-06-12 - 2017-06-17: Release notes is frozen except for critical
* After 2017-06-18: Release notes are open again as we get reports of
changes or undocumented issues.
* Today - 2017-06-09: Finish the "Probably done" chapters. If time
and energy permits, start on chapter 2 and then chapter 5.
* 2017-06-10 - 2017-06-11: Start on the remaining (NB: English review
ongoing - noise may occur)
* 2017-06-12 - 2017-06-17: (Hopefully) no disturbances to your
I admit it is not a lot of time to finish. But it should get us a lot
of the way while hopefully leaving enough time for everyone to do their