Re: Status of Debian translations pages not to be trusted

Hi,

Le 01/11/2014 18:35, Américo Monteiro a écrit :

> the existing pt translation was moved to pt_BR and was added a new pt file
> as it shows in
> http://sources.debian.net/src/java-gnome/4.1.3-3/doc/po/
> and this was done months ago

And <http://sources.debian.net/src/java-gnome/4.1.3-3/doc/po/pt_BR.po/>
shows that the PO file does not contain any Language header (msgfmt
shows a warning, it’s probably caught by the current parser that then
dismisses the file).

> recently added a portuguese translation in solaar but
>
> http://i18n.debian.org/l10n-pkg-status/s/solaar.html
> doesn't show it

To be fair, it’s actually added as a debian patch:

http://sources.debian.net/src/solaar/0.9.2%2Bdfsg-4/debian/patches/translation-pt.patch/

I honestly doubt anyone provided any code to support format 3.0 (quilt)
and apply patches for the dl10n machinery before parsing (I’ve noticed
it too during the latest freeze/release).

> so the information […]
> is buggy and not to be trusted...

Feel free to submit actual bugs to debian-i18n in order to:
- provide more robust support and error handling of broken PO files
- handle format 3.0 (quilt) and apply patches before parsing

Patches against (and maintenance of) the dl10n code are highly welcome.

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-l10n/dl10n.git/

Regards

David