Re: i18n and l10n of desktop environments

Quoting Camaleón (noelamac+gmane@gmail.com):
> On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 16:51:42 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> (...)
>
> > How well is each desktop internationalized and translated? It would be
> > great to get some hard numbers, perhaps of the form "X% of world
> > population can use $desktop in their native language". Please rank
> > desktops from -1 to +1.
>
> As most of the Desktop projects provide/manage their own localization
> (i.e., it's not mainly a Debian task) it's hard to tell about the current
> status but maybe you can directly ask them about it or dig a bit on their
> translation site stats to get an idea:
>
> https://l10n.gnome.org/teams/
> http://l10n.kde.org/teams-list.php
> https://wiki.xfce.org/translations/language_maintainers

Joey won't, probably, mostly because i18n is not among his main
interests (well, just to be sure nobody reads what I don't intend to
write: Joey *does* care about i18n but he's not likely to invest much
time in it).

In short, it would be much better if a i18n-involved person does such
summary.