Re: fheroes2-pkg 0+svn20130304-2-2: Please translate debconf PO for the package fheroes2-pkg

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 08:15:08 +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:

> Quoting Camaleón (noelamac+gmane@gmail.com):
>
>> The "sudo" usage is new to me... I mean, this is the first time I see
>> it in a string for a command. Is this okay? I think we -at Debian- do
>> not enable "sudo" by default :-?
>

> Indeed. Some Ubuntuism leaked here, apparently..:-). But I guess any
> Debian user is certainly able to guess what's meant here. Not sure that
> I really want to go into changing everything for this...:-)

Okay, no problem then; I was just curious because it was the first PO
file I found using "sudo".

Anyway, in the same file there are other "command-to-run" sentences where
"sudo" is not used, for instance:

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../templates:7001 ../templates:8001
msgid ""
"If activated, the APT post-invoke hook takes care of future automatic "
"upgrades of guest package(s) on host package upgrade. When an update is "
"available, the hook will attempt to download and build the package(s),
and "
"(if \"apt-get check\" reports no errors) install them with \"dpkg -i\"."
msgstr ""

#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#. Type: boolean
#. Description
#: ../templates:7001 ../templates:8001
msgid ""
"Alternatively, guest packages can be built by manual invocation of
\"dpkg-"
"reconfigure ${PKGI}\"."
msgstr ""

Maybe it's also okay to mix both. I really think the average "root" and
"sudo" user will understand what needs to be run in every case.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón