SV: [DDTP/DDTSS] Strange way new translation are handled - is there a problem with the system?

Danish har seen a lot of these strings. I'm quiet sure, something is wrong/missing in the system.
Bye
Joe

Fra: Beatrice Torracca <beatricet@libero.it>
Til: debian-i18n@lists.debian.org
Sendt: 20:34 torsdag den 31. oktober 2013
Emne: [DDTP/DDTSS] Strange way new translation are handled - is there a problem with the system?

Hi all!

In the Italian team we noticed a strange behaviour with the descriptions
that are being queued for re-translation.

It seems that 2 new descriptions get created, one after the other
(description numbers are subsequent). One
with only the short description and one complete.

When we get the description to retranslate, the diff becomes useless
because it is a diff of the "new" version compared to the "new empty" one, not
the old one.

To give some clues, an example:

package: sylpheed-i18n

you can see in the following page, 2 descriptions were created today:
216295 216296

http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?package=sylpheed-i18n

216925 is empty except for the short description and thus considered
already translated

the diff is basically useless since it shows all description as new,

http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?diff1=216295&diff2=216296&language=it

but actually only the list of languages within is changed.

This is overall not a huge problem, not even a big problem, so it's
probably not worth doing a lot of work just for it, but I am more
puzzled about the strange behavior and the chance that it might be a
symptom of something not working properly in the system, that is all.

So feel free to dismiss this issue if it is just about missing diffs.

Thanks,
beatrice.

P.S.: we also have 2 packages behaving strangely, but I don't think the
things are related:
http://ddtp.debian.net/ddtss/index.cgi/it/translate/youtube-dl
http://ddtp.debian.net/ddtss/index.cgi/it/translate/librd-ruby1.8