Re: Some feedback about OmegaT

On 3 July 2013 18:22, Slavko <linux@slavino.sk> wrote:
After official part i meet with three another translators (from other
teams), where the translation tools was discussed and criticised too. We
all was agreed and surprised, that the support for gettext translation
GUI tools is limited:

- POEdit - without spell checker
- Gtranslator - has problems translation memory strings encoding (for me)
- KBabel replacement (i forgot the name), was unfinished when i was
trying it and nobody from us used it now, then today status is unknown
- OmegaT - described by you

In my primary work I was very pleasantly surprised by a tool called Virtaal - http://virtaal.translatehouse.org/index.html

It is simple enough that I got some managers using it to translate things and advanced enough to do things like comparing number of sentences, comparing used variables, looking up translation candidates in translation memory - both local and on on-line services. And as there are MacOS and Windows version, which helped me tremendously.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org