Re: .po tools [was: Re: Soft call for translating the Release Notes]

Dnia 02-05-2013 o 23:50:43 victory <victory.deb@gmail.com> napisał(a):

On Fri, 3 May 2013 00:25:44 +0300
Andrei POPESCU wrote:

Could you please help me with the magic incantations to be able to merge
my locally changed file with the SVN refreshed ones? I'm sure there must
be a better method than manually solving all VCS conflicts or manually
merging my changes with vimdiff.

always conflict somewhere when I update updated files :(
maybe update clean copy, then porting translated strings will be better...
as I use text editor :p

If you think about something like this:
            $ svn update
            Conflict discovered in 'xxxx.po'.
            Select: (p) postpone, (df) diff-full, (e) edit,
                    (mc) mine-conflict, (tc) theirs-conflict,
                    (s) show all options:

you can just ignore a version from the repo (enter "mc" in prompt), and
next run:
            $ make update-po LINGUA=xx
to manually refresh your locally changed translation. Now you can update it and commit without any conflict :)

Cheers
--
Michał Kułach