Re: The new DDTP/DDTSS

On 21/10/2012 16:14, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

On 21 October 2012 14:10, Davide Prina wrote:
When I open a description for review I see the "Accept with change button"
activated, but I don't have make any changes. I can press it and so I
restart the translation process

Ok, these are weird. I don't get this. These buttons are explicitly
disabled in Javascript so that they are accessible for non-javascript
users. Can you check they're not an artifact of NoScript?

the problem is googleapis, I have blocked googleapis for Script and crossite parts with NoScript and RequestPolicy.
Why you use this for activate/deactivate a button?
Cannot it be simpler to check if a field has a change?

Note that I have explicitly tried to get external javascripts like
jQuery from CDN's, the idea being that anything hosted that way is
quicker to load. Maybe this is not a good idea?

probably I'm a little paranoiac ;-)
I prefer to not be tracked by google (ouch! I have a gmail mail!) or other site. And this prevent also fake site or cracked site to work.

When I start a new translation I have the button "Submit" enabled and I can
press it with all the<trans>  paragraphs.

That is indeed a change. The idea is that sometimes descriptions are
really long and that it can take a lot of work to translate. This way
you can save partial translation.

this is good.

They then remain in the 'Pending
Translation' list. This seemed friendlier to me, but perhaps it could
be clearer? Do you have suggestions here?

no

I see that now the 80 character short description is mandatory...

I've bumped this
to 160 because as you say, some languages need more space. Perhaps I
should remove the limit altogether and simply trust the translators?

For Italian language I think 160 is sufficiently large. We have always try to stay under 80... but in some case...

If I press the Coordinate link I get "Forbidden", I don't know if it is
correct (I'm an administrator... I think...)

I noticed this and have fixed it (hopefully).

now it work

Thanks
Davide

--
Dizionari: http://linguistico.sourceforge.net/wiki
Esci dall'illegalità: utilizza LibreOffice/OpenOffice: