Re: The new DDTP/DDTSS

> Hi!
>
> due to some problems with accounts we had lately in the Italian team, 2
> issues came up about the DDTSS and I decided to go see how they were in
> the new system under development. So here I am with two wishlist items:
>
> 1. In the Login/Create login pages there is no way to get/reset your
> password if you forget it (the (in)famous "Forget password" button :)
> I don't know whether is possible to add this feature to the system (or
> if the lack of it is intentional).

Originally I just wanted to support OpenID, so I didn't have to worry
about any of this stuff. But it turns out the set of people who are
paranoid about OpenID but don't want to setup a private was larger
than I thought, so the whole password support bit feel a bit tacked on
afterwards. I'll put it on the list.

The new system does fix one thing though, usernames are reserved only
after confirmation, so if something breaks the first you can simply
try registering the username again and it will succeed.

> 2. It has been pointed out to me that in the create login page the name
> "Alias" for the account name field can be misleading -at least for one
> Italian user-; I wonder if maybe it could be switched to "Account name",
> "Username" or something like that.

I'm having difficult thinking what the confusion might be, but
username is perhaps the more generally accepted term, so I'm willing
to change that.

> Thanks again for working on this upgrade of the system, it's something I
> look forward to.

So am I, I just have no idea when we can actually push it live...

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/