Re: DDTP stats/graphs

On 12/08/2012 23:19, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
On 12 August 2012 18:52, helix84 wrote:

Since you're talking about that page, I always wondered what those
numbers really mean (a legend):
lang sk has 2623 (516) active translations from 5282 translations;
And why there are often sudden drops, not gaps.

The one in the brackets is
mysterious, it's the result of the following query:

SELECT count(package)
FROM description_tb
WHERE description_id in (SELECT description_id FROM active_tb)
and description_id not in
     (SELECT description_id
      FROM translation_tb
      WHERE description_id in (SELECT description_id FROM active_tb)
      and language='$lang')
and package in
     (SELECT package
      FROM description_tb
      WHERE description_id in
         (SELECT description_id FROM translation_tb WHERE language='$lang')
      GROUP BY package);

I don't know the db schema, but it say something like this: it is the package number for the $lang language that have a description active, with a paragraph translated, and have at least one description_id not translated or in other words: the number of package translated in the past but that have actually at least a paragraph not translated and at least one translated.

for example:
lang nb has 4 (3) active translations from 7 translations;
say:
7: is the total history translations make for nb
4: is the translation number actually valid
3: is the total packages translated in the past but that have at least one translated paragraphs and have at least one not translated paragraph

note that 4+3 = 7 or better 4+3 <= 7 because in a language you can found a package previously translated but that actually don't have any translated paragraph.

for example:
lang zh has 7 (15) active translations from 23 translations;

note that 7+15 = 22 < 23
so there is a package translated in the past but that actually don't have any active paragraph translated.

But something is not correct, because all languages have a lot more of packages partially translated that the one in the brackets (for example Italian have thousands). I think this report only packages previously translated and not packages not previously translated that have at least a paragraph translated.

I think this query can be faster in this format:

SELECT count( distinct dt.package )
FROM description_tb dt, active_tb at, description_tb dt1, translation_tb tt
WHERE dt.description_id = at.description_id
and dt1.description_id = tt.description_id
and tt.language='$lang'
and dt.package = dt1.package
and dt.description_id not in
    (SELECT t.description_id
     FROM translation_tb t, active_tb a
     WHERE t.description_id = a.description_id
     and t.language='$lang')

Ciao
Davide

--