[RFR] wml://News/weekly/2012/14/index.wml Debian Project News frozen. Please review and translate

Hi,

Thanks to Cédric and Pabs, we just finished the last bits for the latest
issue of the Debian Project News that has already been delayed. We would
appreciate reviews and translations. Thanks in advance if you manage to
answer quickly: we'd really much like to send it in ~24h.

Instructions are available on the wiki :
	http://wiki.debian.org/ProjectNews

As usual, the last updated version is available on the publicity
Subversion repository, even via HTTP:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/publicity/dpn/en/current/index.wml?view=markup

Regards

David

#use wml::debian::projectnews::header PUBDATE="2012-07-09" SUMMARY="New design, DebCamp, UDD update, bits from the DPL"

# $Id: index.wml-template 3866 2012-06-08 17:39:55Z taffit $
# $Rev: 3866 $

# TODO (delayed for next issue):
# National TV coverage of DebConf/Debian
# We want list/links (check with leogg/xamanu)

<intro issue="fourteenth" />
<toc-display/>

<toc-add-entry name="artwork">New artwork for <q>Wheezy</q></toc-add-entry>

as the default artwork for Debian systems for the upcoming release of Debian 7.0 (wheezy).
The theme is intended to be attractive by being efficient with a light and simple theme.
There is also a more fancy variant called <q>Joy Inksplat</q> available in the
desktop-base package for those who prefer a more fun desktop. For the release
after wheezy, there are early thoughts about introducing multiple themes, more
fine-grained theme packages and metapackages for selecting amongst them.

<toc-add-entry name="debconf">Reports from DebCamp</toc-add-entry>
DebCamp took place last week at the Universidad Centroamericana in Managua,
Nicaragua. This week has been very productive, as state some reports: Christian Perrier
described <a href="http://www.perrier.eu.org/weblog/2012/07/06#debcamp-work";>on his blog</a>
his work on internationalization, localisation and Samba packaging, Joey Hess
mentioned his progress on
assistant</a> and
CD</a>, Gregor Herrmann wrote about
within the Debian Perl Group</a>,
Steve McIntyre mentioned his <a href="http://blog.einval.com/2012/07/06#debcamp1";>preparations</a>
for the six sessions he is running, and Gunnar Wolf reported that
officially started</a>.
DebCamp is followed this week by DebConf12, the conference for Debian
developers, which started with the <a href="$(HOME)/News/2012/20120706">Debian
Day</a>, an open event for enthusiasts, users, developers and anyone interested
in finding out more about Debian and Free Software. The whole DebConf is
people <a href="http://blog.debconf.org/blog/debconf12/hl_dc12_video.dc";>happy</a>).
The schedule of the
people <a href="http://blog.debconf.org/blog/debconf12/hl_dc12_video.dc";>happy</a>).
The schedule of the
conference and the relevant links for the video streaming are available on the

<toc-add-entry name="dpl">Bits from the DPL</toc-add-entry>

Stefano Zacchiroli sent his <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/07/msg00001.html";>monthly
report on DPL activities from DebConf12. During this month, Debian joined the
DuckDuckGo sent the first report of donation after the agreement of revenue
sharing. Stefano also mentions some
discussions about some interesting discussions about project evolution, in particular the proposals
change the way DM permissions are handled</a> and <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2012/06/msg00125.html";>
to change the policy ruling the debian.net domain</a>.

Stefano Zacchiroli delivered his final
<q><a href="http://penta.debconf.org/dc12_schedule/events/881.en.html";>Bits from the DPL</a></q>
talk on the first day of <a href="http://debconf12.debconf.org/";>DebConf12</a>. In his talk
(<a href="http://upsilon.cc/~zack/talks/2012/20120708-dc12-dpl.pdf";>slides</a>) he
mentioned the early history of Debian, where we are today, how our place in the wider
free software community has evolved, our principles and summed this up by stating that
that we face in meeting our responsibility to live up to our role in the Free Software community,
including keeping contribution levels healthy, increasing the diversity of our community,
being on time with releases, keeping release freezes short, collective code ownership,
low company involvement and how the <acronym lang="en" title="Debian Project Leader">DPL</acronym>
role might need to evolve in the future.

<toc-add-entry name="udd">Debian Maintainer Dashboard, a new UDD frontend</toc-add-entry>

Lucas Nussbaum <a href="http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=722";>announced on his blog</a>
the creation of the <a href="http://udd.debian.org/dmd.cgi";>Debian Maintainer Dashboard</a>, a service
relying on <acronym lang="en" title="Ultimate Debian Database">UDD</acronym> to
expose as much useful information as possible about a maintainerâ??s packages.
The Debian Maintainer Dashboard is in its early days and is waiting for contributors.
In related news, UDD <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2012/06/msg00085.html";>has been migrated to ullman,
one of the new machines recently set up by DSA.

<toc-add-entry name="interviews">Interviews</toc-add-entry>

<q><a href="http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/tags/intervju/";>Debian Edu interviews</a><q>
with
who all describe, among other things, how they got involved in Debian Edu and their views about it.

<toc-add-entry name="newcontributors">New Debian Contributors</toc-add-entry>

Fifteen people have <a href="http://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/new-maintainers.cgi";>started
        to maintain packages</a> since the previous issue of the Debian
	Project News. Please welcome
Miguel Telleria de Esteban,
Miroslav Suchý,
Georgios M. Zarkadas,
Julian Wollrath,
Malcolm Locke,
Shawn Landden,
Colin King,
David Suarez,
Chris Johnston,
Klas Lindfors,
Alexander Inyukhin,
Nikolai Lusan,
Adrien Grellier,
Ioan Rogers,
and
Eric Maeker
	into our project!</p>

<toc-add-entry name="rcstats">Release-Critical bugs statistics for the upcoming release</toc-add-entry>

<rcstats release="Wheezy"
	testing="484"
	tobefixed="325" />

<toc-add-entry name="dsa">Important Debian Security Advisories</toc-add-entry>

	advisories for these packages (among others):
	Please read them carefully and take the proper measures.</p>

advisories of the last weeks. If you need to be kept up to date about
security advisories released by the Debian Security Team, please
subscribe to the <a href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/";>security mailing
list</a> (and the separate <a href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-backports-announce/";>backports
list</a>, and <a href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-stable-announce/";>stable updates
list</a>) for announcements.

<toc-add-entry name="nnwp">New and noteworthy packages</toc-add-entry>

492 packages were added to the unstable Debian archive
recently. <a href="http://packages.debian.org/unstable/main/newpkg";>Among
many others</a> are:</p>

<ul>
<li><a href="http://packages.debian.org/unstable/main/kde-telepathy";>kde-telepathy â?? metapackage for installing all the KDE Telepathy components</a></li>
<li><a href="http://packages.debian.org/unstable/main/task-spooler";>task-spooler â?? personal job scheduler</a></li>
<li><a href="http://packages.debian.org/unstable/main/udj-desktop-client";>udj-desktop-client â?? social music player</a></li>
</ul>

<toc-add-entry name="wnpp">Work-needing packages</toc-add-entry>

<wnpp link="https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/07/msg00089.html";
	orphaned="464"
	rfa="147" />

<toc-add-entry name="continuedpn">Want to continue reading DPN?</toc-add-entry>

<continue-dpn />

#use wml::debian::projectnews::footer editor="Cédric Boutillier, David Prévot, Justin B Rye, Paul Wise"
# Translators may also add a translator="foo, bar, baz" to the previous line