Churro news...

Short news from churro, aka i18n.debian.net....

The machine is back online. Indeed, the problem was a kernel crash
with "xfs: attempt to write beyond end of device" errors.

I suspect a problem that I had on my own servers : one of the disks
being badly partitioned with an incorrect partition table leading the
the system keeping track of a disk that is bigger than it really is.

One of the disks (where we already have records of XFS errors) is used
for local backups using rsnapshot and I suspect it is the culprit. If
that's the case, solving the problem is easy : just repartition that
disk and recreate the file system on it as the disk doesn't have vital
data (only backups). Indeed, at the moment I write this, the disk is
unmounted.