[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Exploring the possibility of an l10n upload of ferm to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Christian PERRIER schrieb am Saturday, den 18. February 2012:

> Dear Debian maintainer,
> ("oh no, not him again"...)
> The ferm Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
> pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
> for po-debconf, namely bug number 626637 (and maybe other similar bugs).
> Indeed, this bug was supposedly fixed in the previous upload but you
> apparently forgot adding the translation file and the translator then
> reopened the bug report (and maybe you didn't notice....it already
> happened to me in other situations).
> So, sorry for this, but the radar beeped at your package and here am I
> with what I usually call an "NMU intent"...:-). Please take this as a "very
> soft" NMU intent. Of course, there is no hurry or deadline...just
> "old" bugs we think are easy to get rid of.
> In case you can't update your package, I hereby propose, as part
> of a more general action of the Debian i18n Task Force to build and
> possibly upload a non-maintainer upload for ferm in order to fix
> this as well as all pending translations for the debconf templates.
> Of course, as you're probably pretty active on that package, an upload
> by you would also be OK...as long as it allows a round of translation
> updates.
> Such changes are always harmless, which explains why I safely consider
> building NMUs for such issues even though they're obviously non critical.
> The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with it
> or if I don't receive any answer in 4 days) is roughly the following:
>  Saturday, February 18, 2012   : send this notice
>  Wednesday, February 22, 2012       : post a NMU announcement to debian-i18n with you
>                  (maintainer) CC'ed
>  Thursday, March 01, 2012       : deadline for receiving translation updates
>  Friday, March 02, 2012       : build the package and upload it to DELAYED/7-day
>                  send the NMU patch to the BTS
>  Friday, March 09, 2012       : NMU reaches incoming
> If you intent to upload yourself, please discuss with me. I propose
> handling a translation update round and I can handle it myself for you.
> That will just require a few days. That could maybe save you from
> seeing me coming back again in a few months
As usual with my packages I welcome your work and a translation round but I
will do the final upload :). 

So yes, please go ahead for a new translation round and tell me when
everything is done and I should do an upload.

Thanks for your work


Reply to: