New diff format of the wiki.debian.org pages.... a i18n issue?

Hello!

I am part of the Italian translation team. Since the new theme was
applied to the web pages, and in particular the wiki pages, the page
that shows the difference between two versions of a wiki page switched
from a wdiff (or character diff, with single character differences
highlighted) format to a line diff format (with the whole line
highlighted).

This makes much harder to spot tiny differences in the two versions
while synching the translations with the original English page.

A bug report has been already submitted:

I don't know if any other translator/translation team sees this as a
problem; but if it so and this could be considered a i18n issue (I frankly think
so), I wonder if the i18n team could voice the issue to the www-team.

Thanks,
beatrice.