Re: Again about anonymous contributions to DDT*

Hello Grisu,
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 04:45:22PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> On 08/12/2011 02:49 PM, Christian PERRIER wrote:
>> Quoting Michael Bramer (m.bramer@deb-support.de):
>> I don't want the latter. Really. There's nothing worse than a maintainer
>> translating "his|her" packages. They usually don't follow l10n teams
>> conventions and style. The same indeed happens with debconf templates.
>
> But debconf is different.
>
> Nobody will see the translation, the maintainer is his god of his
> package.

Well, *every admin* (and thus most users) will see the translation,
sorry. (Assuming their
debconf priority is set appropriately, though). But I belive many
users will not see the translation of the package description of most
packages (some maybe will never see them).

> But if some random maintainer/user translate his package description,
> this translation is public and must be reviewed.
>
>> You can't mail the user. You can't make suggestions to them. You can't
>> interact with those active contributors. In short, you're losing energy.
>
> this is distinct wrong.
>
> You can write messages to a IP-User since years...

Sorry, maybe I'm behind the moon. How is that possible?

> And if the german team say: This is no problem, we make the review
> process and the translation are at the end ok, this is ok.

Did you follow the discussions on debian-l10n-german? Did you read
Rhondas e-mails?

Greetings

            Helge