DDTP statistics and Translation-xx.bz2 files

Hi,

there are some things that I don't understand:

- There are translation statistics for etch, lenny, squeeze, wheezy and sid (1). Etch is archived and not actively maintained. Although there is the possibility that a new translation for some package may be effective for former releases,
  I don't understand the need for the etch statistics.
- Lenny is still maintained, but the last lenny statistics update was at
  22-Jul-2011. The update for etch was abandoned, too.
- There are no post-release updates for the Translation~ files. However, at least the most active translation teams still increase the number of translations for stable and oldstable. Why can't there be new Translation~ files for point releases?

Martin

1: http://ddtp.debian.net/stats/