Re: Pack Hunspell breton dictionary

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 07:10:30AM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Original thread in debian-i18n: Denis Arnaud originally requesting a
> package for the Hunspell Breton dictionary.
>

> Quoting Rene Engelhard (rene@debian.org):
> > On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:05:58AM +0200, helix84 wrote:
> > > the correct procedure is to send a RFP to wnpp, see
> > > http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/
> >
> > Yes. And it's porefrred if it's
> >
> > a) maintained by someone speaking the langauge (-> not mne)
> > b) not built from the LibreOffice source but from external
> > c) the dictioinary built from their ispell/whatever counterparts
> >    if possible and the build system allows it - instead of just
> >    shipping the resulting dictionaries as-isas the prefferd form
> >    of modification is the former.
>

> To add more input to this, there is a dictionaries packaging team that
> works on *spell packages (both spelling software, dictionaries and
> wordlists). At first glance, I think that such package should be
> maintained inside that team.

The team is basically Rene and me, and is involved in maintaining the common
infrastructure.

Besides that, we maintain a number of spellchecking dictionaries and
wordlists, but that is done outside the team. Depending on available time
(note that Rene is also maintaining libreoffice), we are happy to help
people wanting to package dictionaries.

> Working inside a team makes it much much easier to non Debian
> developers nor maintainers to participate to package maintenance (even
> completely maintaining packages....as long as there is one DD in the team)
>
> CC'ing Agustin Martin, who's leading that team for quite a while
> now. He'll give more input, certainly.

For hunspell stuff, is Rene who is dealing with most things. I'd say that
above quote from him does not need more input.

Regards,

--
Agustin