Re: DDTSS suggestions

On 14 June 2011 11:31, Sveinn í Felli <sveinki@nett.is> wrote:
>> I don't know where they come from but I have a better suggestion how
>> to deal with them.
>> iconv is able to convert between character encodings, even
>> approximating characters which don't exist in the target encoding.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, not really appropriate as it only
involved single characters in the middle of a long translation.
However, in another terminal it got displayed slightly differently and
I saw the following (this is a unicode cut/pasting, hopefully it
works):

打印机管理(<E4>\n <BE><8B>如CUPS)和

It's a multibyte UTF-8 charater split by a newline :(. Looking back it
looks like they're all that way.

> If this is due to some sort of automated Rosetta/Launchpad-->DDTSS/Debian
> scripting thingie, then it's probably better to tell the Rosetta/Launchpad
> folks that there's an encoding issue.

Well, all these problems are from suggestions submitted february 2009,
so it's likely it's been fixed already.

If it's a rosetta thing it would be nice to work out what, for
possible future compatability issues... If they're using a particular
URL or something.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/