Exploring the possibility of an l10n upload of torrentflux to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Dear Debian maintainer,

("oh no, not him again"...)

The torrentflux Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
for po-debconf, namely bug number 587811 (and maybe other similar bugs).

We are currently in the beginning of a new release cycle and you may
think that hunting l10n bugs is too early. However, this is often a
lengthy process and we always start as early as possible.

So, sorry for this, but the radar beeped at your package and here am I
with I usually call an "NMU intent"...:-). Please take this as a "very
soft" NMU intent. Of course, there is no hurry or deadline...just
"old" bugs we think are easy to get rid of.

In case you can't update your package, I hereby propose, as part
of a more general action of the Debian i18n Task Force to build and
possibly upload a non-maintainer upload for torrentflux in order to fix
this as well as all pending translations for the debconf templates.

Of course, as you're probably pretty active on that package, an upload
by you would also be OK...as long as it allows a round of translation
updates.

Such changes are always harmless, which explains why I safely consider
building NMU's for such issues even though they're obviously non critical.

The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with it
or if I don't receive any answer in 4 days) is roughly the following:

 Saturday, April 02, 2011   : send this notice
 Wednesday, April 06, 2011       : post a NMU announcement to debian-i18n with you
                 (maintainer) CC'ed
 Thursday, April 14, 2011       : deadline for receiving translation updates
 Friday, April 15, 2011       : build the package and upload it to DELAYED/7-day
                 send the NMU patch to the BTS
 Friday, April 22, 2011       : NMU reaches incoming

If you intent to upload yourself, please discuss with me. I propose
handling a translation update round and I can handle it myself for you.
That will just require a few days. That could maybe save you from
seeing me coming back again in a few months.

In case I upload an NMU, I will subscribe to the Package Tracking System for
torrentflux and follow its life for 60 days after my NMU in order to fix
any issue potentially introduced by my upload.

Let me know, as soon as possible, if you have any kind of objection to this
process.

If you'd rather do the fix yourself, I will of course leave the package
alone. Same if you have reasons not to do the update now.