Re: DDTSS is down

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Joe Dalton <joedalton2@yahoo.dk> wrote:
please don't fix this. It is better to have the robot down than up and running with a 1.000 errors.

So please take it down again.

Ok, now I'm confused. I was contacted yesterday on IRC to look at the
server and it appeared to be running several hundred copies of the
perl script and mostly in swap. So I kill all those and it works
again, only now the database is missing stuff. So I fix that. And now
you want me to take "it" down?
I belong to those who appreciate your recent work and vote for not shuting down DDTSS
and DDTP.

As already discussed on this list, there was too little maintainance at least in the past year. Christian already proposed to lock some people with knowledge about the system somewhere
and release them only when they have improved the stability.

There is another issue that should be investigated. Since 01-14 it was not possible
to get new descriptions into the web interface.

On 01-20 I got a mail that Bug 608911 has been closed. As it was a spelling fix, there should be new description available. I diffed the control files of version 0.8.8-7 and 0.8.8-9 to verify the changes and there are differences. So I suggest reviewing the logs
of tasks trying to feed the database at least from 01-20 until your repair.

Kind regards
       Martin