Re: Debian Project News 2010/16 frozen. Please review and translate

On 2010-11-21 18:56, Justin B Rye wrote:
Filipus Klutiero wrote:

In a recent<a href="http://www.pro-linux.de/umfragen/2/27/welche-ist-die-wichtigste-distribution.html";>poll
by the German Pro-Linux Webzine</a>, Debian was named as the most important
Linux distribution by 47% of the participants.
I'm not sure in English, but in French we would just say "Debian was
named the most important...", without the "as".
In English both usages are possible, but the difference is roughly
that any voter can name somebody as the winner while only the
official adjudicator can name somebody the winner.  For this opinion
poll I'd say "name as".
OK, thanks.
According to the<a href="http://udd.debian.org/bugs.cgi";>Bugs Search
          interface of the Ultimate Debian Database</a>, the upcoming release,
	Debian 6.0<q>Squeeze</q>, is currently affected by
200 release-critical bugs.
The number is currently 271.
The "details" link gives "Affecting Squeeze: 271; Squeeze only: 71;
Remaining to be fixed in Squeeze: 200".  It seems to me that the
source of confusion here is that "Squeeze" is ambiguous between "the
packages we currently have in testing" and "the packages we expect
to release in Debian 6.0".  Not that there's any good reason to give
theupcomingreleaseDebian6.0Squeeze a namecheck in every paragraph of
every issue of DPN!

Maybe we could say:

   According to the<a href="http://udd.debian.org/bugs.cgi";>Bugs
   Search interface of the Ultimate Debian Database</a>, the upcoming
   release is currently affected by 200 release-critical bugs.

Any better?
No... that's the same. The upcoming release is in any case Squeeze, the current testing. When Squeeze will release, it will be affected by 0 release-critical bugs. In its current state though, Squeeze has 271 RC bugs. 200 would be the number of RC bugs in squeeze which are not fixed [in unstable].