Re: linux-2.6 wording

Quoting Martin Bagge / brother (brother@bsnet.se):

(in debian-i18n)

> "You are running a kernel (version ${running}) and attempting to
> remove the same version."
>
> If I try to read that sentence without the version info it lacks words.

This sentence was indeed not changed in the review.

I agree that it doesn't sound really perfect, though technically, I
think it is right:

"You are running *a* kernel": sure, I am running a kernel....otherwise
no debconf would be there to tell me this..:-)

"(version ${running}): additionnal info about the version that's
running

"and attempting...": yes, this is what I'm doing.

Still, there are a few glitches:

- *I* am not running *a* kernel: the machine is.

- the important information is that the machine is running kernel
${foo}

- the current action is removing this one kernel. And *I* am not doing
this, the current upgrade action is.

So, This can be reworded to something like:

This machine is currently runnig kernel ${running}. This kernel is
about to be removed.

linux-2.6 maintainers, Justin (or other dle readers), comments?

To translators: please continue working on translating the existing
template. If we end up modifying the templates, I'll resend a call for
translations.