Re: debconf templates for ddclient

Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):

> On 07/04/2010, at 1:41 AM, Christian PERRIER wrote:
>
> > If the maintainer doesn't send one....and if the few of us who track
> > the state of debconf l10n completeness for their own language don't
> > notice...then nothing will.
>
> How can other teams use this tool? I don't think Vietnamese is close to 100%, because I've only focussed on the free section, but I'd like to be notified of changes when I don't get a po-debconf reminder.

Hang on, it's complicated to explain..:-)

Scripts are in svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-l10n/dl10n/trunk

I'm doing the following from an svn checkout of that directory:

#!/bin/sh
wget -nd http://i18n.debian.net/material/data/unstable.gz -O unstable.gz >/dev/null 2>&1
gunzip unstable.gz ; mv unstable data/status
wget -O data/status.en http://i18n.debian.net/debian-l10n/status/status.en >/dev/null 2>&1
for i in fr ; do
    wget -O data/status.$i http://i18n.debian.net/debian-l10n/status/status.$i >/dev/null 2>&1
    PERLLIB=lib ./dl10n-txt --assume-bts --show=podebconf -tes $i 2>&1 | mailx -s "Status of templates translations for language $i" bubulle
    PERLLIB=lib ./dl10n-txt --debian --assume-bts --show=po -tes $i 2>&1 | mailx -s "Status of Debian-specific programs translations for language $i" bubulle
done

For this to work, a language team needs to use a mailing list that
will be crawled, by the spider (a cron job running on i18n.debian.net)
for pseudo-URLS as described in
http://i18n.debian.net/debian-l10n/docs/robot/pseudo-urls.html

The spider produces data available in
http://i18n.debian.net/debian-l10n/status/

*However* that needs the "spider" (it also produces pages such
as http://i18n.debian.net/debian-l10n/french/fr.by_status.html) to be
active on the said language.

This status, combined with the completion status for the said language
(that one is available for all languages: this is the data that
produces http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/fr) will be used
in the above script.

And, last information used by the spider: the status of opened bug
reports (pointed by BTS messages in mailing lists)

So, prerequisites:
- a mailing list that can be crawled (IIRC a mailman list, preferrably
a list on lists.debian.org)
- status messages sent to this list

The result is something like this:

Read the database... done.
Status of the packages to do in fr

                    ______________________
 __________________|_____po-debconf______|
|______name________|__%__|____details____|
|ddclient          |97%  |    35/1/0     |
|hadoop            |     |    0/0/5      |podebconf(rev, 16 daysrev, 12 daysrev, 8 days)
|mini-buildd       |     |    0/0/5      |podebconf(rev, 80 daysrev, 80 daysrev, 80 daysrev,
|qmail             |     |    0/0/20     |podebconf(rev, 21 daysrev, 17 daysrev, 15 daysrev,
|sandboxgamemaker  |     |    0/0/2      |podebconf(lcfc, 1 days)
|vidalia           |25%  |    1/0/3      |
|__________________|_____|_______________|
|TOTAL (fr)        |99%  |  9469/1/35    | Assuming that all bugs reported were applied
|__________________|_____|_______________|

Here, what I see is:

- ddclient probably recently had 1 fuzzy appearing. No activity
started for it on the French mailing list
- hadoop is 5u, but a review process is going on in
debian-l10n-english
- same for mini-buildd and qmail
- sandboxgamemaker is worked on by the French team. Current status is
LCFC (Last Chance For Comments)
- vidalia just appeared (and I will bite its maintainer..:-))

When the translator for sandboxgamemaker sends the new translation, he
will post a BTS mail to the mailing list....and, then the package will
disappear from that list.....until the bug is closed.