Intent to NMU or help for an l10n upload of util-linux to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Dear Debian maintainer,

The util-linux Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, had
a late-minute new debconf templates which was approved by the release
team to enter testing.

As written yesterday, this breaks 100% translation completeness for et
least 6 languages and the i18n team can't leave this as is.

So, as we don't have that much time for this, here am I
with an NMU intent...:-)

In case you can't update your package in a short timeframe after the
call for translation updates ends, I hereby propose, as part
of a more general action of the Debian i18n Task Force to build and
possibly upload a non-maintainer upload for util-linux in order to fix
this.

Of course, as you seem pretty active on that package, an upload by you
would also be OK...as long as it allows a round of translation
updates.

The schedule for this action is roughly the following:

 Thursday, December 30, 2010   : send this notice and send a call for translations
 Wednesday, January 05, 2011       : deadline for receiving translation updates
 Thursday, January 06, 2011       : build the package and upload it
                                    send the NMU patch to the BTS

If you intent to upload yourself, please discuss with me.

I will subscribe to the Package Tracking System for util-linux and
follow its life for 60 days after my NMU in order to fix any issue
potentially introduced by my upload.

Let me know, as soon as possible, if you have any kind of objection to this
process.