Re: Intent to NMU or help for an l10n upload of tpb to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 10:30:10PM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
>Dear Debian maintainer,
>
>("oh no, not him again"...)

:-)

>The tpb Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
>pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
>for po-debconf, namely bug number 582318 (and maybe other similar bugs).
>
>The i18n team is now hunting the very last bits of missing localization
>and your package went on our radar. You may have uploaded recently but,
>unfortunately for you, you then got *another* l10n bug report. We
>really should prevent translators from translating..:-)
>
>So, sorry for this, but the radar beeped at your package and here am I
>with an NMU intent...:-)
>
>In case you can't update your package, I hereby propose, as part
>of a more general action of the Debian i18n Task Force to build and
>possibly upload a non-maintainer upload for tpb in order to fix
>this as well as all pending translations for the debconf templates.
>
>Of course, as you seem pretty active on that package, an upload by you
>would also be OK...as long as it allows a round of translation
>updates.

Cool. Just let me know when you're finished and I'll upload.

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
 English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on
 occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
 unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."  -- James D. Nicoll