Re: Intent to NMU tripwire to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Quoting Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta (agi@inittab.org):

> No other bugs are reported YET. But I'm pretty sure they will come
> before the release (Spanish to name one). I really think is a bit of a
> waste to make AN upload EACH debconf translation (we did two already).
> So unless you are sure (I know you cannot foresee this) there won't be more
> coming, I think it would be better to just delay these NMUs [1] until we
> are really closer to release, instead of having a bunch on changelogs
> like this:

We are close. Assuming we leave 10-15 days for a round of l10n updates
and extra 10 days for testing transition, that leaves close to one
month. Who knows if we haven't released by then?

Also, please notice that I really can't be after each package when the
release team becomes very very very close.

So, yes, there is some pressure..:-). What we can agree upon is to
leave time for a full round of l10n updates (let's say for 11 days as
this is apparently what is needed by the Spanish team), then
proceed. If some teams, particularly those who are targeting 100%
(fr,ru,sv,de,pt,es) are missing this, then it's their fault..:-)

Would that be OK?